Reporting to the Manager, Disability Operations, you are responsible for assisting employees on behalf of the employer when the employee is off work or at risk of being off work for health reasons. The case manager assesses any barriers to a successful and timely return-to-work (RTW) and engages with stakeholders to implement strategies to address those identified barriers and support return to work or an appropriate alternative plan.
Your responsibilities include:
Conduct case assessments, contacting the employee and their direct manager by telephone to explain the disability management process and gather information for assessment purposes.
- Conduct case assessments, contacting the employee and their direct manager by telephone to explain the disability management process and gather information for assessment purposes.
- Develop and document an understanding of the situation and the factors supporting, as well as, inhibiting a successful return to work for the employee.
- Provide any of the following interventions: more in-depth assessment, medical management interventions, initiation and coordination of occupational and/or psychological interventions, utilization of specialized resources or consultations, etc.
- Determine an appropriate RTW goal with the employee and the employer, provide active support for the return-to work planning process between the employee and their supervisor, and intervene when necessary.
- Communicate proactively with the employer’s HR representative regarding any case management issues that may influence the workplace and RTW planning.
- Manage the transition to LTD and provide medical and summary case management information to the LTD insurer to ensure a seamless transition.
- Attend case management and disability management department team meetings.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- The ideal candidate has a minimum 5 years of Disability Case Management experience or equivalent combination of experience and specialized education.
- University degree in a related field. Additional course work in occupational health, rehabilitation, legislation related to disability management, helping relationship skills, mediation, human resource management, disability insurance, psychological and workplace factors in disability would be an asset.
- You have strong interpersonal and helping skills along with superior assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks under tight deadlines is a core competency to be successful in the role.
- We are a customer service focused delivery environment where flexible working hours may be required to meet deadlines.
Who We Are:
Reed Group is a dynamic, fast growing organization. We are known for being a leader in managing absences for major companies including Fortune 100 companies. We also build the software to manage the entire workflow, which is why you could easily think of us as a technology company. We also have a content business called MDGuidelines that contains the best treatment recommendations for helping an employee back to work. Right now, we are over 1,900 employees (and growing daily)!
Come make a difference in so many lives and consider this unique opportunity to step into a rewarding career as a Disability Case Manager. You won’t be showing up to do a job, you’ll be joining us on a mission. Helping people is what we do, and we want you to help us be our best at it. This job offers a competitive salary with generous employee benefits, including full medical/dental/vision coverage and Pension/RSP with employer match. With a relaxed atmosphere where jeans are the norm, Sit stand desks at every workstation, and treadmill desks in our break rooms.
We’ve built a positive culture with a bright future and pride ourselves as a team of smart people who are interested in helping others.
ReedGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment.