Reporting to the Operational Manager, you are responsible for supporting occupational injury reporting requirements to the individual Workers’ Compensation Boards on a provincial level. You are responsible for ensuring workers’ compensation claims are established in the claim reporting platform and administered in accordance with provincial workers’ compensation requirements and client company policies and procedures.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Liaise with Client contacts on each reported incident to gather information, prepare and complete specific employer reporting forms to be filed with the Workers’ Compensation Boards
- Support the Client with Return-to-Work program efforts to avoid lost time
- Investigate all reported claims, identify red flags, submit concerns to Workers’ Compensation Eligibility Adjudicators to ensure timely and appropriate decisions
- Monitor and respond to mail and email daily. Follow up appropriately and in a timely matter
- Review incoming WCB/WSIB correspondence to ensure that reporting obligations have been met
- Works within a team environment to accomplish departmental goals
- Quality assurance
- Project work
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- Strong level of oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a demanding and fast paced environment
- Manage priorities and deadlines and demonstrate flexibility
- Attention to detail
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate resourcefulness
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Post-Secondary education, preferably in a field related to health and wellness, or human resources
- Health and safety and/or insurance certificate or designation are assets
- Bilingual (French/English)
Who We Are:
ReedGroup is a dynamic, fast growing organization. We are known for being a leader in managing employee absences for major companies including Fortune 100 companies. We also build the software to manage the entire workflow, which is why you could easily think of us as a technology company. In addition, we own an industry leading resource called MDGuidelines, that contains the best treatment recommendations for helping an employee recover and return to work. Right now, we are over 1,900 employees (and growing daily)!
Come make a difference in so many lives and consider this unique opportunity to step into a rewarding career as a Worker’s Compensation Intake Specialist. Helping people is what we do, and we want you to help us be our best at it.
This job offers a competitive salary with generous employee benefits, including full medical/dental/vision coverage and Pension/RSP with employer match.
We’ve built a positive culture with a bright future and pride ourselves as a team of smart people who are interested in helping others.
ReedGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment.