Reporting to the Manager, Workers’ Compensation, you are responsible for assisting employees on behalf of the employer when the employee is off work, or at risk of being off work, due to a work place injury. The case manager assesses any barriers to a successful and timely return to work and engages with stakeholders to implement strategies to address those identified barriers and support return to work or an appropriate alternative plan.
Your responsibilities include:
- Liaising with the provincial Workers’ Compensation Boards
- Coordinating case management activities including developing, implementing and monitoring return to work and rehabilitation strategies
- Facilitating 3rd party interventions (functional capacity evaluations, independent medical evaluations)
- Work experience in a workers’ compensation claims management capacity either at the WSIB (or a similar provincial workers’ compensation board-commission) or in an in-house capacity at a private company with corresponding knowledge of workers’ compensation statutes, policies and procedures, and workplace health and safety would be an asset
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Education, preferably in a related field, or a human resource and/or health and safety and/or insurance certificate-designation are assets. In the absence of these qualifications, significant consideration will be given to applicants with claims management experience.
- Paralegal license would be an asset
Who we are:
ReedGroup is a dynamic, fast growing organization. We are known for being a leader in managing absences for major companies including Fortune 100 companies. We also build the software to manage the entire workflow, which is why you could easily think of us as a technology company. We also have a content business called MDGuidelines that contains the best treatment recommendations for helping an employee back to work. Right now, we are over 1,900 employees (and growing daily)!
Come make a difference in so many lives and consider this unique opportunity to step into a rewarding career as a Worker’s Compensation Case Manager. Helping people is what we do, and we want you to help us be our best at it.
This job offers a competitive salary with generous employee benefits, including full medical/dental/vision coverage and Pension/RSP with employer match. With a relaxed atmosphere, where jeans are the norm, sit/stand desks at every workstation, and treadmill desks in our break rooms. We’ve built a positive culture with a bright future and pride ourselves as a team of smart people who are interested in helping others.
ReedGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment.